The two components needed to help you maintain a lifestyle of wellness, are physical and spiritual exercises.
God’s word tells you that you should maintain a physical fit lifestyle as much as possible in order to be able to witness. “if anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple” (1 Corinthians 3:17, ESV).
With that being said, the College of Sports Medicine offers you the following physical exercise tips:
- Try working out at least three times a week. Moving towards a work-out goal between 3-5 times per week.
- Start with a warm-up, which incorporates 3-5 minutes worth of low-impact movements and stretches.
- Engage in a cardiovascular exercise for at least thirty minutes.
- Include a strength training segment.
- End your work-out with a cool down.
In order to grow in union with God and to discern God’s will for your lifestyle, you need to engage in spiritual exercises.
God’s word proclaims “for bodily exercises is profitable for a little; but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life which now is, and of that which is to come” (1 Timothy 4:8, ASV).
As Jesus’ disciple you can engage in the following spiritual exercises:
- Spiritual warm-up-seeking communication with God continuously through prayer.
- Spiritual cardiovascular -reading God’s word daily.
- Spiritual strength training-proclaiming God’s word over your lifestyle, family, friends, co-workers daily.
- Spiritual cool-down- re-evaluate your daily choices and end your evening with prayer.
Stay well in Christ.
Have a blessed day.
Reverend Fredina, Fredi