The way in which our typical desk setup at work can cause us to have the following health issues:
1. Back Pain
2. Stiff Muscle
3. Tight Joints
4. Poor Circulation
5. Repetitive Strain Injuries
If we want our bodies to glorify God, how can me maintain good posture, avoid body pain, joint issues, and poor circulation? This can be accomplished by practicing correct sitting techniques.
1) Sit up, back straight and your shoulders back and relaxed,
2) Buttocks should touch the back of your chair.
3) Normal back curves.
4) If back muscles are tight, use a small rolled-up towel or a lumbar roll to help you maintain the normal curves in your back.
5) Body weight should be distributed evenly between both hips.
6) Keep knees bent at a right angle and slightly higher than your hips. (If needed use a foot rest or stool).
7) Try not to cross your legs.
8) Feet should be flat on the floor.
9) Switch sitting positions every 30 minutes.
10) If we are sitting in a chair that rolls and pivots, don’t twist at the waist while sitting (suggest we turn your whole body).
Remember avoiding stress within our bodies, gives God the glory and reminds us that we are made in His image. This will allow us to be productive workers in His Kingdom without back stretch.
“Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established” (Proverbs 16:3),
We hope you can tune into our radio broadcast this evening, February 28, 2018, Wednesday at 7PM on www.kazradio.tv/