Before dealing and getting treatment for mental health, you need to know the warning signs.
Men do not verbally express their inner feelings. Men tend to hide their depression and anxiety by appearing angry or aggressive. Mental health symptom can manifest physically.
Warning signs include (note: these symptom could be for other health issues, check with God and your physician)
- Anger, irritability, or aggressiveness.
- Changes in mood, energy level or appetite (noticeable).
- Sleeping less or more (sleeping pattern changes).
- Stress all the time.
- Need for drugs or alcohol.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- Feeling sad or hopeless.
- Engaging in high risk activities
- Headaches, digestive issues or pain (on going).
During these times, remember God is with you.
“Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7 ESV).
No matter what your feelings are suggesting, God will never leave you or forsake you.
You and God will get through this. Through it all, trust in God and depend upon His word.
Check out our family CD, God’s Gift. Listen to the song title: Through it All.