When a love one dies, everyone in the family grieve in their own way.
How can you each grief, support each other, and maintain a healthy lifestyle?
- Experience the grief individually and collectively
- Take time to talk to each other about your feelings while excepting each others feelings.
- Be supportive
- During periods of grief, there are times when you need to be alone and times when you need family support. Respect each others’ alone time and family time.
- Stay active
- Exercise is a good thing. Moving your body will produce feel-good endorphins and often helps to clear your mind.
- Healthy snacks
- Focus on food that will provide nourishment as well as comfort. This will help to heal your body and help you to feel good while managing and continuing your daily activities.
- Be kind to self and family
- Sadness will get shorter and further apart.
Embrace your family with God’s love as you and your family journey through this season together.
Byron and Reverend Fredina are praying with and for you and your love ones.
“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4 NIV).
Byron and Reverend Fredina