It is family time. Yahoo!!
Let us play a game that will develop our listening skills. We will call the Game Can You Lend Me Your Ear? One person will read off the various questions within a certain time period ( one or two minutes). One person will be the timer. Everyone else will be active listeners and take turns in repeating back what they heard. It will be exciting to find out if what the listeners heard coincide with what the family member actually said.
Here are the questions.
1. I ran down the hall way because I felt like it.
2. I daydream while listening
3. My favorite colors are red, black, and blue.
4. Patty is sick with the flu.
5. The dog is wearing a blue jacket with black pants.
6. I ate a sandwich which had, lettuce, pickles, cheese, and onions.
7. What time is it?
Family are you ready? If so began.
Once you have finished the listening exercise ask your family to answer the following question:
Did I hear what my family member said or did I hear what I wanted to hear?
As you go engage in family fun activities remember God’s Word “wherefore my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath” (James 1:10, KJV).
Have a blessed weekend with family
Byron and Fredina