Family Fitness is a great way to strengthen family’s unity and maintain healthy lifestyles in a non-competitive environment.
Toolkit- Let us use our imagination to implement an Exercise Toolkit that can be used during your Family Fitness activities.
• Household utensils- kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room, recreational room
• Cars- car doors, spare tire, flash lights,
• Garden tools- rake, lawnmower, shovel, hoes, garbage bags
• Toys- dolls, cars, stuff animals, doll house,
• Musical instruments-drums, trumpet, piano, saxophone, keyboard, guitar
Fun Fitness Suggestions:
• TV’s commercial breaks- musical chairs with squats, march in place, jumping jacks
• Stair climbing drills- indoor and outdoor
• Dance night (Estimated to burn off 100 calories in 15 minutes depending upon your body weight, time frame and intensity level)
• Household chores relay race –washing clothes, speed drill to clean up your room, garbage drill (Estimated to burn off between 175- 200 calories per hour depending upon your body weight, time frame, and intensity level)
“He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly” (Acts 10:2 NIV).
If you would like more ideas of family fun fitness, check out our Fun Fitness EBook, which you can purchase through this website.