The light that shines so bright through the Christmas candle reminds us of the light of the world, Jesus Christ.
The radiant flames from the Advent candles proclaim that God is coming into the world through the birth of His Son, our Messiah.
The Advent candles lighting symbolize the illumination of God’s love through His salvation plan. The Advent’s candles colors portray the following:
- The first candle, purple represents God’s loyalty, hope through God’s promise.
- The second candle, purple, represents preparation, for His coming.
- The third candle, pink, represents the message of joy.
- The fourth candle, purple or blue, represents Christ’s love.
- The fifth candle, white, represents Christ Candle, reminds us that Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God.
As you and your family admire the Christmas Lights, remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.
“the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him–the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord” (Isaiah 11:2, NIV).
Byron and Reverend Fredina